Download Word document:
- Blue List 2016-2017 (link to Word document)
Current Governance committee membership composition, meeting time, location.
Updated August 26, 2016
Please note that certain committees meet during intersession.
WHAT IS THE BLUE LIST?
The Blue List includes all governance committees on campus and lists the representatives of each committee.
Before the internet, the list of Governance Committees was typed on blue paper and posted on a bulletin board, thus the “Blue List”.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
Membership via Appointment
Members of governance committees are appointed by the executive committee representing the following constituencies:
• Academic Senate
• Guild - faculty union
• “Joint Faculty” appointments by mutual agreement of the Academic Senate and Guild
• “CSEA” Classified staff appointments by the CSEA – staff union
• “Administration” and “Manager/Confidential” appointments by the Superintendent/President in consultation with area administrator
• “ASGCC” appointments by the Associate Student Government
To volunteer contact the governance office.
HOW LONG WILL I SERVE?
Appointing agencies may determine terms other than 4-year or 2-year terms.
4-year appointment terms:
• Academic Senate
• “Joint Faculty” are appointed jointly by the Academic Senate and the Guild.
• “Administration” and “Manager/Confidential” seats.
2-year appointment terms: CSEA appointments
ASGCC appointments change each semester dependent upon student’s schedules.
Please note that positions in the following categories do not have a term of service: “ASGCC, Minutes Recorder and Resource.” “Division Chairs” may have a term where applicable.
Questions or updates contact: Frankie Strong (firstname.lastname@example.org)