MONDAY –SEPTEMBER 29, 2014
* WOMEN'S GOLF at Morro Bay Tournament at Morro Bay Golf Course.
* BEGIN PROCESSING SPRING 2015 AND WINTER 2015 APPLICATIONS.
* LIBRARY WORKSHOPS: “Evaluating Sources.” 9:30 a.m. “Library Online Catalogs.” 12:30 p.m. “Intro to the Library.” 5:30 p.m. LB 313.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Thesis Sentences.” AD 232. 5 to 6 p.m.
TUESDAY- SEPTEMBER 30, 2014
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. RSVP required in person or by calling ext. 5407 or 5408. SR 221. 10 a.m.
* DISTINGUISHED FACULTY AWARD LECTURE: Accounting professor and department chair Christine Kloezeman, recipient of the 28th Annual Distinguished Faculty Award, will present “Income Taxes: Student Service Learning, Taxes Tips, and the IRS.” Kreider Hall. 12:20 p.m. A reception will
follow at 1:30 p.m. in the Student Center.
* LIBRARY WORKSHOPS: “Research Strategies.” 10:45 a.m. “Evaluating Sources.” 12:30 p.m. LB 313.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Fragments.” AD 232. 2 to 3 p.m.
* WOMEN'S SOCCER vs. Bakersfield at GCC. 7 p.m.
* MEN'S SOCCER at Santa Barbara. 7:30 p.m.
WEDNESDAY- OCTOBER 1, 2014
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Parts of Speech.” AD 232. 12 to 1 p.m.
* STUDY ABROAD IN ENGLAND/IRELAND: The summer 2015 study abroad trip to England and Ireland will be discussed by the professors who will lead the trip. Includes Irish music and snacks. Kreider Hall. 12:30 p.m.
* LIBRARY WORKSHOPS: “Citing Sources.” 12:30 p.m. “Journals/Newspapers.” 3:30 p.m. LB 313.
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. RSVP required in person or by calling ext. 5407 or 5408. SR 221. 4 p.m.
* AVIATION AND SPACE CLUB weekly meeting. AA 103. 5:30 p.m. officers, 6 p.m. general.
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL vs. Moorpark at GCC. 7 p.m.
THURSDAY –OCTOBER 2, 2014
* LIBRARY WORKSHOP: “Research Strategies.” 9:45 a.m. LB 313.
* FACULTY MUSIC RECITAL. Auditorium. 12:20 p.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Timed Writing Assignments.” AD 232. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* VERDUGO FIRE ACADEMY information meeting. The meetings provide information about the academy and the application process. AA108. 7 to 8 p.m.
FRIDAY –OCTOBER 3, 2014
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “MLA Documentation.” AD 232. 10 to 11 a.m.
* KINFO DAY: Kinesiology Information Session. Professors and GCC transfer students from CSUN discuss the opportunities in kinesiology and how to be successful as a KIN transfer major. SC 212. 12:30 to 2 p.m.
* LIBRARY WORKSHOP: “Improving Library Research.” 12:30 p.m. LB 313.
* FRIDAY FLIX! Film screening: “His Girl Friday” (1940). Mike Petros will facilitate a discussion after the film. SG 334. 12:30 p.m.
* WOMEN'S SOCCER at Citrus. 2 p.m.
* MEN'S AND WOMEN'S CROSS COUNTRY WSC Preview Meet at Kenneth Hahn Park, Culver City. 3 p.m.
* MEN'S SOCCER vs. Santa Monica at GCC. 5 p.m.
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL vs. Antelope Valley at GCC. 7 p.m.
SATURDAY –OCTOBER 4, 2014
* LIBRARY WORKSHOPS: “Journals/Newspapers.” 11:15 a.m. “Intro to the Library.” 12:45 p.m. LB 313.
* FOOTBALL at Santa Monica. 1 p.m.
SUNDAY –OCTOBER 5, 2014
* ARTIST RECEPTION: A reception for the artists featured in the “Sculpting in Time” art exhibition. Art Gallery. 3 to 5 p.m. Free admission.
COAT DRIVE sponsored by Glendale Film Collective. Donated coats will benefit kids in The Salvation Army Glendale Corps social services programs. Coats may be dropped off at Plaza Vaquero near the Administration Building from Sept. 29 to Oct. 3.
“SCULPTING IN TIME” art exhibition in the GCC Art Gallery continues through Oct. 9. The exhibition features works in clay by Tanya Batura, Julia Haft-Candell,
Krysten Cunningham, Emily Sudd and Kim Tucker. Gallery hours are Monday through Thursday from 12 to 5 p.m. and Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
CAMPUS PROJECT SUPPORT (C.P.S.) is a competitive grant program sponsored by the ASGCC. C.P.S. is designed to fund projects that will directly benefit the student body and enhance student involvement. The grant is available to students, faculty, staff, campus departments and programs. The main goal of C.P.S. is to enrich the educational experience of GCC students by providing up to $25,000 in grants each semester. Apply today at www.glendale.edu/AS
Deadline is Oct. 15.
PARKING ALERT: Due to the Canada Blvd. construction project, City Lot 34 will be closed to student parking through November, 2014 for construction staging. City Lots 30, 31, 32, 33 and the Civic Auditorium Garage may still be used for student parking unless restricted by the City for an event. Lot B (the open parking lot area and floors 3-6 of the parking structure) remain open for student parking.