MONDAY –DECEMBER 1, 2014
* LIBRARY WORKSHOPS: “Research Strategies.” 9:30 a.m. “Evaluating Sources.” 12:30 p.m. “Citing Sources.” 5:30 p.m. LB 313.
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. RSVP required in person or by calling ext. 5407 or 5408. SR 221. 10 a.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Writing Summaries.” AD 232. 2 to 3 p.m.
TUESDAY- DECEMBER 2, 2014
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Timed Writing Assignments.” AD 232. 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
* LIBRARY WORKSHOPS: “Journals/Newspapers.” 10:45 a.m. “Citing Sources.” 12:30 p.m. LB 313.
* HEALTH CENTER LECTURE: “Sleep Disorders: Insomnia” will be presented by Dr. Michael Stevenson, Glendale Adventist Hospital Sleep Disorders Clinic. SR 116. 12:20 to 1:30 p.m.
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. RSVP required in person or by calling ext. 5407 or 5408. SR 221. 2 p.m.
* CHAMBER MUSIC RECITAL. Program features ensembles from the chamber music class. Auditorium room 211. 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
WEDNESDAY- DECEMBER 3, 2014
* FINAL EXAMS FOR THE FALL SEMESTER through Dec. 10.
* AVIATION AND SPACE CLUB weekly meeting. AA 103. 5:30 p.m. officers, 6 p.m. general.
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Common Final Review.” 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. AS 103.
THURSDAY –DECEMBER 4, 2014
* WOMEN'S BASKETBALL at College of the Sequoias Tournament through Dec. 7.
* ARMENIAN STUDENT ASSOCIATION: General meeting. LB 220. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
FRIDAY –DECEMBER 5, 2014
* MEN'S BASKETBALL at Antelope Valley Tournament through Dec. 7.
* FRIDAY FLIX! Film screening: “It’s a Wonderful Life” (1946). Mike Petros will facilitate a discussion after the film. SG 334. 12:30 p.m.
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Common Final Review.” 2 to 3 p.m. AS 103.
* PIANO RECITAL. Program features students from the advanced piano classes. Auditorium Room 211. 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
* FACULTY/ALUMNI DANCE PERFORMANCE. Auditorium. 8 p.m. Free admission. Dancers are GCC students with choreography by faculty, alumni, students and guests. No children under 5 admitted.
SATURDAY –DECEMBER 6, 2014
* HOLIDAY CERAMICS SALE. Decorative and functional pieces made by students in stoneware, porcelain, earthenware, majolica and raku. Proceeds from the sale helps fund equipment and supplies for the ceramics program. SC 212. 1 to 5 p.m.
* FACULTY/ALUMNI DANCE PERFORMANCE. Auditorium. 2 and 8 p.m. Free admission. Dancers are GCC students with choreography by faculty, alumni, students and guests. No children under 5 admitted.
SUNDAY –DECEMBER 7, 2014
* FACULTY/ALUMNI DANCE PERFORMANCE. Auditorium. 2 p.m. Free admission. Dancers are GCC students with choreography by faculty, alumni, students and guests. No children under 5 admitted.
* CONCERT SINGERS FALL PERFORMANCE perform holiday favorites and other music led by Dr. Peter Green, director. First United Methodist Church, 134 N. Kenwood St., Glendale. 4 p.m. Admission is $10 general and $7 for students and seniors.
PARKING LOT CLOSURES: Lot 31 will be closed Nov. 26 through Dec. 28. The garage structure will be closed Dec. 4 from 2 to 10 p.m. and Dec. 31 from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.
OPEN REGISTRATION FOR WINTER 2015 SESSION continues through Dec. 23.
“PACKED AND JAMMED” art exhibition in the GCC Art Gallery continues through Dec. 4. The exhibition features works by nine installation artists from the L.A. area: Clifford Eberly, Megan Geckler, Amy Green, Janne Larsen, Sophie Lee, Karen Lofgren, Chris Niemi, Geneva Skeen and Jon-Paul Villegas. Curated by Jay Erker and Michelle Carla Handel. Gallery hours are Monday through
Thursday from 12 to 5 p.m. and Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
CAMPUS CLEAN-UP sponsored by SGI Buddhist Club and Alcohol and Drug Studies Club is held on the second and third Thursday each month at 12:30 p.m. Gloves and trash bags can be picked up at the ASGCC front desk in the Student Center.