MONDAY –SEPT. 22, 2014
* WOMEN'S GOLF vs. College of the Canyons. Site TBA. 10 a.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Outlining and Essay Structure.” AD 232. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* CAREER CENTER WORKSHOP: “Effective Resume.” Focuses on essential resume-writing principles, formats and content. Career Center, San Rafael Building. 4 p.m. Call ext. 5407 for information.
TUESDAY- SEPT. 23, 2014
* TRANSFER FAIR. Representatives from several colleges and universities will have tables set up on campus. San Rafael Plaza. 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. An evening fair will be held from 5 to 7 p.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Introductions and Conclusions.” AD 232. 12 to 1 p.m.
* SCIENCE LECTURE SERIES: "GCC Faculty Share Insights from Their JPL Externships.” Speakers are Ryun Hovind, Shelley Shaul-Regalado and Tuyetdong Phan-Yamada. Cimmarusti Science Center, room 177. 12:20 p.m.
* WOMEN'S SOCCER at San Bernardino. 4 p.m.
* MEN'S SOCCER vs. Hancock at GCC. 7 p.m.
WEDNESDAY- SEPT. 24, 2014
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “APA Documentation.” AD 232. 2 to 3 p.m.
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. RSVP required in person or by calling ext. 5407 or 5408. SR 221. 4 p.m.
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL at Santa Barbara. 5 p.m.
* AVIATION AND SPACE CLUB weekly meeting. AA 103. 5:30 p.m. officers, 6 p.m. general.
THURSDAY –SEPT. 25, 2014
* PSYCHOLOGY MAJORS MEETING: For psychology majors and those considering majoring in psychology. The meeting theme is Psych-CESS, with a discussion on transferring to 4-year institutions. Free lunch and raffle drawing. LB 225. 12:15 to 1:15 p.m.
* PREVENTION & AWARENESS PRESENTATION: Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence and Stalking are addressed in a prevention and awareness presentation by the GCC Police Department, Peace Over Violence and YWCA. SC 212. 12:20 to 1:30 p.m.
* TAG APPLICATION WORKSHOP: Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) workshop. Deadline to complete the application is Sept. 30. SF 107. 12:20 to 1:20 p.m.
* CULTURAL DIVERSITY LECTURE SERIES: Topic is miscegenation and featuring a panel of speakers. Kreider Hall. 12:20 to 1:30 p.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Paragraph Development.” AD 232. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* CAREER CENTER WORKSHOP: “Effective Resume.” Focuses on essential resume-writing principles, formats and content. Career Center, San Rafael Building. 2 p.m. Call ext. 5407 for information.
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL vs. Orange Coast at GCC. 6 p.m.
FRIDAY –SEPT. 26, 2014
* MEN'S AND WOMEN'S CROSS COUNTRY at Golden West Invitational, Central Park, Huntington Beach. 10 a.m.
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. RSVP required in person or by calling ext. 5407 or 5408. SR 221. 9:30 a.m.
* FRIDAY FLIX! Film screening: “The Three Musketeers” (1973). Mike Petros will facilitate a discussion after the film. SG 334. 12:30 p.m.
* MEN'S SOCCER vs. L.A. Mission at GCC. 5 p.m.
SATURDAY –SEPT. 27, 2014
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL at Victor Valley Tournament. 1and 3 p.m.
* FOOTBALL at L.A. Pierce. 7 p.m.
SUNDAY –SEPT. 28, 2014
* WOMEN'S GOLF at Morro Bay Tournament at Morro Bay Golf Course. 10 a.m.
CAMPUS PROJECT SUPPORT (C.P.S.) is a competitive grant program sponsored by the ASGCC. C.P.S. is designed to fund projects that will directly benefit the student body and enhance student involvement. The grant is available to students, faculty, staff, campus departments and programs. The main goal of C.P.S. is to enrich the educational experience of GCC students by providing up to $25,000 in grants each semester. Apply today at www.glendale.edu/AS
Deadline is Oct. 15.
COAT DRIVE sponsored by Glendale Film Collective. Donated coats will benefit kids in The Salvation Army Glendale Corps social services programs. Coats may be dropped off at Plaza Vaquero near the Administration Building from Sept. 29 to Oct. 3.
“SCULPTING IN TIME” art exhibition in the GCC Art Gallery continues through Oct. 9. The exhibition features works in clay by Tanya Batura, Julia Haft-Candell,
Krysten Cunningham, Emily Sudd and Kim Tucker. A reception for the artists
will be held Oct. 5 from 3 to 5 p.m. Gallery hours are Monday through Thursday from 12 to 5 p.m. and Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
PARKING ALERT: Due to the Canada Blvd. construction project, City Lot 34 will be closed to student parking through November, 2014 for construction staging. City Lots 30, 31, 32, 33 and the Civic Auditorium Garage may still be used for student parking unless restricted by the City for an event. Lot B (the open parking lot area and floors 3-6 of the parking structure) remain open for student parking.