MONDAY –MARCH 2, 2015
* FIRST SIX-WEEK CLASSES BEGIN.
* MEN'S GOLF at Point Conception Open at Marshallia Ranch. 10 a.m.
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. Register online in MyGCC. SR 221. 10 a.m.
* STEM SCI LECTURE SERIES: “The Science of the Oceans.” Introduction to the lecture series and the ocean. CS 266. 12:25 to 1:30 p.m.
* LATINO STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT PROJECT EVENT: Study Skills Workshop. Learn how to study more effectively. SC 212. 12:30 to 2 p.m. Lunch will be provided. To participate in this Title V event, sign up in the EOPS office, call ext. 1561 or email counselor Roxanne Rafii at email@example.com.
* AVIATION AND SPACE CLUB weekly meeting. AA 103. 5:30 p.m. officers, 6 p.m. general.
TUESDAY- MARCH 3, 2015
* CAREER CENTER WORKSHOP: “Effective Resume.” Focuses on essential resume-writing principles, formats and content. Career Center, San Rafael Building. 11 a.m. Call ext. 5407 for information.
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Factoring Polynomials.” 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. AS 103.
* WOMEN’S TENNIS vs. Santa Barbara at GCC. 2 p.m.
* BASEBALL at West L.A. 2 p.m.
WEDNESDAY- MARCH 4, 2015
* WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH: Screening of “Arise,” narrated by Daryl Hannah, a film about women around the world coming together to heal the injustices against the earth. Kreider Hall. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Keys to College Success.” AD 232. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Functions (Composition, Domain, Evaluating).” 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. AS 103.
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Linear Regression (Least Squares).” 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. AS 103.
THURSDAY –MARCH 5, 2015
* KINESIOLOGY DEPARTMENT LECTURE: “Active Communities.” The presentation covers the obesity and diabetes epidemic and kinesiology’s role in public health. Information on volunteer opportunities with 100 Citizens will be provided. Kreider Hall. 12:20 p.m.
* AN AFTERNOON WITH THE STARS: Free planetarium show open to all. Planetarium. 12:30 to 1 p.m.
* ARMENIAN STUDENT ASSOCIATION: General meeting. LB 220. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* THEATRE GUILD MEETING: AU 201-B. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Linear Regression (Least Squares).” 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. AS 103.
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. Register online in MyGCC. SR 221. 2 p.m.
* BASEBALL vs. Antelope Valley at Stengel Field. 2 p.m.
* SOFTBALL vs. Bakersfield at Glendale Sports Complex, 2200 Fern Lane. 2:30 p.m.
* ASTRONOMY AND SPACE CLUB guest speaker series: “Advanced Space Propulsion Concepts for Interstellar Travel” with Greg Meholic, Senior Project Engineer, The Aerospace Corp. SC 212. 7 to 9 p.m.
* VERDUGO FIRE ACADEMY information meeting. The meetings provide information about the academy and the application process. AA 108. 7 to 8 p.m.
FRIDAY –MARCH 6, 2015
* MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TRACK AND FIELD at CSULA Invitational through Saturday.
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. Register online in MyGCC. SR 221. 9:30 a.m.
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Solving Trig Equations.” 10:30 to 12 p.m. AS 103.
* CLASSIFIED COUNCIL GET MOVING SERIES: “Zumba with Suzy.” Dance Studio. 2:30 p.m.
SATURDAY –MARCH 7, 2015
* SOFTBALL at Mt. SAC. 2 and 4 p.m.
* BASEBALL vs. Bakersfield at Stengel Field. 1 p.m.
ART GALLERY: “The Fifth Annual Architectural Student Projects Exhibition 2015” in the Art Gallery through March 26. Gallery hours are 12 to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday.
Last updated: 2/26/2015 4:11:23 PM