Every otherwise qualified student with a documented disability has the following rights:
- Equal access to courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities available through the college.
- Reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids determined by the CSD on a case-by-case and/or course-by-course basis.
- Appropriate confidentiality of all information pertaining to the disability with the choice of to whom to disclose the disability, except as required by law.
- Information reasonably available in accessible formats.
Every otherwise qualified student with a disability has the responsibility to:
- Meet the requisite qualifications and essential technical standards, both academic and institutional, including the student code of conduct.
- Identify him/herself in a timely manner as an individual with a disability when requesting an accommodation from the appropriate service provider.
- Provide documentation from a qualified source that verifies the nature of the disability, functional limitations, and the need for specific accommodations.
- Follow specific procedures for obtaining reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments and services.