Click on the image for the flyer!
The Engineering department curriculum is formulated to meet the specific needs of certificate and transfer students including returning university students and industry professionals updating their CAD skills. The goals of the program is to:
• Provide new students with the information, skills, and training
to succeed in the area of mechanical engineering design, drafting,
• Provide a course of study which will allow those already working
in the engineering support field to advance within their organization.
• Provide engineering firms a resource of trained and knowledgeable
personnel for both entry-level and advanced positions.
Many of the engineering classes are taught in the late-afternoon and evening to meet the requirements of working and full-time students. Classes are taught by three part-time instructors four days a week. Most of the classes that are offered utilize real-world examples taken from actual engineering-type projects.
Topics that are covered within the department include:
• Basic Engineering Drafting and Design Practices
• Basic Engineering Careers and Practices
• Engineering Print Reading
• Descriptive Geometry
• Introductory and Advanced Solidworks
• Introductory and Advanced AutoCAD (2D & 3D)
Thank you for your interest in the program and feel free to contact me with any questions about the department.
Engineering Department, Glendale Community College
(818) 240-1000 ext 3038