Measure G Citizens' Oversight Committee meeting minutes and reports
Application (fill-in) for committee member appointment
Measure G is a $98 million facilities bond measure which was passed on March 5, 2002 to authorize the repair and rehabilitation of deteriorated educational facilities and to add classrooms and instructional support space at Glendale Community College (GCC) and the Adult Community Training Center (ACTC), renamed the Garfield Campus. Measure G is a prudent, cost-effective plan containing essentials-only facilities projects.
State law requires the establishment of a Citizens' Oversight Committee, appointed by the district's Governing Board. The Committee purposes are:
- To actively monitor all projects and expenditures approved by Measure G.
- To provide proper oversight and accountability to ensure that Measure G funds are used as they were intended.
- To report to members of the community on the progress of Measure G projects.
Duties of the Committee include:
- Ensuring that Measure G funds are spent only on projects listed in the Measure G Project List and that no funds are used for salaries or general college operating expenses.
- Monitoring the progress of Measure G projects.
- Receiving and reviewing copies of the annual performance and financial audits of Measure G projects as required by California state law (Proposition 39).
- Providing information to the public on the progress of Measure G projects and expenditures of bond funds.
All funds from Measure G will go directly to Glendale Community College for specific projects including:
- Renovation of outdated classrooms and job training facilities
- Construction of new facilities for training nurses
- Expanding the Adult Community Training Center (renamed the Garfield Campus)
- Upgrading the electrical and technology infrastructure
- Improving deteriorating plumbing and lighting systems and energy efficiency
- Upgrading campus buildings, structures, walkways and roads for safety
LAB/COLLEGE SERVICES BUILDING
GROUND BREAKING CEREMONY, OCTOBER 21, 2013
From left to right: Dr. David Viar, Superintendent/President; Dr. Vahe Peroomian, GCCD Trustee; Davit Avagyan - ASGCC President; Nelson Oliveira - Director of Facilities; Dr. Armine Hacopian, GCCD Trustee; Ann Ransford, GCCD Trustee; Anita Quinonez Gabrielian, GCCD Trustee; Ron Nakasone, VP-Administrative Services; Nayiri Nahabedian, Trustee - GUSD Board of Education; Dr. Armina Gharpetian, Trustee - GUSD Board of Education; Anthony P. Tartaglia, GCCD Trustee