1500 N. Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91208
Sierra Madre 153
(818) 240-1000 Ext. 5205
The Police Cadet position consists of a variety of non-hazardous support functions for the Glendale College Police Department, while attending college. Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Uniform patrol
- Required to complete a comprehensive training program
- Patrol campus by vehicle and / or foot
- Requires the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time in different environments
- Write lost property reports
- Files, copies, mail room duties and researches documents
- Answers phones
- May complete police reports
- May assist with traffic control, transportation and parking enforcement
- Provides customer service in person and over the phone to the public and to other departments on campus
- Police cadets may also be required to assist in the communications / dispatch centers
- Other duties or related tasks as assigned
The Hiring Process:
1) Online Application
The online application is the first step in becoming a Police Cadet at Glendale College. Follow the link to view the online job listing and apply. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted regarding the Interview and Oral Exam stage of the process.
2) Interview & Oral Exam
You will be required to pass an Oral exam during your interview. A panel will perform the interview and exam, you will be rated on the following:
A) Overall responses to questions.
B) Work habits/history
C) Education/Self improvement efforts
D) Law abiding behavior
F) And the ability to:
Follow orders, interpret and enforce college rules and regulations with firmness, tact and impartiality; able to control, direct and instruct persons in a respectable manner; think and act quickly in an emergency; prepare accurate and objective written reports; analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
3) Background Investigation
The background investigation will include a comprehensive investigation of your background, education and employment history including criminal and DMV review. The background investigation may include a polygraph. Applicants must be of good moral character, without past history of involvement in criminal activity or other unacceptable conduct, and without felony convictions.
At the conclusion of the background investigation, you will be notified by human resources for additional information on the selection process and may be put on the eligibility list.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident Alien eligible for a U.S. Citizenship.
- Persons CONVICTED of a FELONY are not eligible to apply.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid California Drivers License.
- You must have completed high school.
- You must be enrolled at an accredited college or university with a minimum of 6 semester units or 4 quarter units, and you must maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- You must have a history of law-abiding behavior.
- Must be eligible for English 101.
|Police Cadet (probationary)
|Senior Police Cadet
|Lead Police Cadet
Emotional maturity and stability; satisfactory record of law abiding behavior; sobriety; leadership ability; tact; good personal and social adjustment enabling you to work in a multi cultural environment; neat personal appearance; courage; alertness; willingness to work morning, day, evenings, weekends, and holiday, and to report to duty at any time emergencies arise. Candidates must also have integrity, dependability, good judgment, and the ability to work cooperatively with others.
YOUR FUTURE IN
Join Our Team!