GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Gary J. Montecuollo, Chief of Police
CRIME BULLETIN: ATTEMPTED ROBBERY (Strong Arm)
DATE: March 31, 2015
Timely Warning Crime Bulletin 03-31-15 (pdf)
Suspect Description: Male, African American, approximately 21 years old, medium build, short hair, wearing a white or grey t-shirt, grey basketball style shorts with a black stripe along the seams, sun glasses with orange frames.
Synopsis: On Monday, March 30, 2015, at approximately 1:15 p.m., a GCC student was the victim of an attempted robbery in the area outside the Administration Building on the Main Campus. The suspect walked towards the victim, demanded money and physically pushed the victim. The victim pushed back in defense and refused to give the suspect any money. The suspect then turned and left the area northbound through the campus. The College Police and City of Glendale Police Departments were later contacted and a search of the campus was conducted for the suspect.
General Safety Tips:
- If anyone has any information about the suspect or witnessed the incident, please contact the Glendale College Police Department at 818 551-5205.
- Be very alert to your surroundings.
- Cooperate with a suspect’s demands; your property can be replaced.
- If you are the victim of a crime, or witness a crime, you are encouraged to immediately report the incident. Dial 9-1-1 for emergencies. You may also use the blue emergency call box phones located on campus.
- Report any unusual or suspicious persons immediately to the College Police Department.
- You may request an escort from the College Police Department at 818 551-5205.
If you have any further information, please contact Corporal Neil Carthew, Glendale Community College Police Dept. at 818-551-5205. Reference police report # 15-0302.