Please note that letters of recommendation are NOT part of the selection process and are not accepted.
Eligible applicants are randomly selected after their eligibility has been determined using the criteria outlined below:
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- GPA of 2.0 and a grade of C or better in the prerequisite courses.
- The Chancellor’s Formula Cut Score is 75%. To determine eligibility, click here.
- Significant factors include:
- Overall GPA
- GPA for Anatomy, Physiology, and Microbiology
- English GPA
- Any repetitions of the above sciences for substandard grades, repeats, or withdrawals.
- There is no specific measure for the cutoff since these 4 criteria are interactive and influence each other in the formula. For example, if your GPA is average but you have a high science GPA, did well in English, and did not have any science repeats, the latter three will help offset the cumulative GPA
- Applicants whose score falls below a predetermined cutoff (75%) will be ineligible for the selection process.
- Applicants will be notified about how to become eligible at a later date by completing a Remediation Plan which must be initially developed by the Nursing Counselor at Glendale Community College.
Applicants who are above the cutoff score will be instructed to take the TEAS Version V test.
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Version V
- Applicants must pass the TEAS with a state-approved cut score of 62% or higher. Scores from previous versions will not be considered.
- Applicants who do not meet the cut score on the first attempt will be directed to the Nursing Counselor for development of a Remediation Plan, even if a second attempt has been made with a passing score. The first score (first attempt) of TEAS Version V must be sent officially to the Nursing Department through the Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) website at www.atitesting.com. Send to Glendale CC ADN CA.
- Applicants who have not taken the TEAS Version V will be invited by the department to take the test on campus upon determination of eligibility using the Chancellor’s cut score, after the application has been submitted. Students will be notified via US mail if they are eligible to take the TEAS Version V.
Applicants who are not selected but would like be considered for future selection must notify the Nursing Department. If we do not hear from you by the given deadline, your file will be confidentially destroyed.