EOPS grants are awarded to eligible EOPS students. Grants are awarded in Fall and Spring semesters based on student's remaining financial need and program funding availability. The requirements to receive Fall 2014 EOPS grant are as follows:
- Currently enrolled in 12 or more units
- Overall GPA of 2.00 or higher. Not on academic or progress probation
- Must have completed FAFSA application
- Must have financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office
- No more than 6 consecutive semesters with EOPS
- SEP (Student Educational Plan) and Mutual Responsibility Contract on file
- MUST have completed their second counseling visit by October 10, 2014
In order to fully benefit from EOPS services a student must complete 12 units each semester (Fall/Spring). Continuing EOPS Students who register in less than 6.00 units in a single semester (Fall/Spring) without prior written authorization from their counselor, will be exited from the program after the add/drop deadline for 16 week classes. In cases of extenuating circumstances, student’s registration in less than 6.00 units must be authorized by a counselor and no more than 1 semester will be allowed for this exception.
EOPS and CARE financial assistance may be available to EOPS/CARE students who in addition to meeting all EOPS /CARE program eligibility requirements are financially eligible to receive these services. The determination is based on individual student’s financial aid award and the remaining financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office. Students must have completed all financial aid forms and requirements and have received their Financial Aid Award Notification for remaining need to be determined. CARE students must meet additional CARE program eligibility requirements to qualify for CARE financial support. All EOPS and CARE awards are contingent upon EOPS/CARE Program funding availability.